Land lease communities offer a sense of connection, a source of friendship, social interaction and shared enjoyment of amenities such as landscaped gardens, swimming pools, sporting facilities, clubhouses, libraries and walking trails. They also offer the freedoms associated with living in a safe and secure environment – these are communities in the true sense of the word, where you know your neighbours, have things in common and you never have to be alone.
Find the right one to suit your budget, your needs and your desired location.
The first thing to be aware of is that you have a lot of choice; NSW has a wide range of land lease communities – with the majority located in coastal areas or near to regional towns and cities.
Start to find your community…
Frequently Asked Questions
It is a good idea to do some research and to actually visit a range of communities to get a feel for how they are managed and maintained.
- Do I need to be near friends and family?
- Is the location right for me – coastal, country, near a town – warmer or cooler climate?
- Does it look well maintained?
- Do I need to be near public transport?
- Does it allow me to keep pets?
- Are there good service facilities nearby (hospitals, shops, entertainment venues)?
- Does it have good amenities such as gardens, walking trails, swimming pools, croquet lawn, bowling green, library, community gathering place?